What Sustainability Stands for at SpringRock
Sustainable development is of fundamental importance to the long-term success of the Company and it is directly in line with the primary goal of SpringRock, which is to create value for its shareholders and stakeholders.
Sustainable development describes an approach to planning and decision-making that aims at achieving a real and lasting reduction of social and economic disparities, as well as protecting the environment. For SpringRock, it brings an increasing focus on the balanced consideration of economic, social and environmental aspects in making business decisions.
This sustainable development policy is intended to be complementary to the strategies of our partners, collaborators and customers with similar objectives.
This policy has been developed as first concept with input from management representatives.
The term “sustainable development” is defined as integration of economic growth, community and social development, and environmental protection in such a manner that we meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability to meet the needs of future generations.”
Sustainable development is an integrated concept involving all human actions down to the local level.
The core tenets of SpringRock Sustainable development:
- Aims to improve the quality of life of both current and future generations, while safeguarding the earth’s capacity to support life in all its diversity;
- We lay emphasis on social justice, democracy, the rule of law and respect for fundamental rights including freedom, equal opportunities and cultural diversity;
- We promote high levels of employment in an economy whose strength is based on education, innovation, social and territorial cohesion and the protection of human health and the environment; and
- We aspire to provide a long-term vision for the society. Activities to meet present needs may still have short-term horizons, but they must, in addition, always include a long term perspective.
Advancement Of mankind
Economic wellbeing and the social progress of mankind is directly linked to energy. Energy provides the basis for improved standard of living be it in the provision of living comfort, support of telecommunication, ability to travel, support of modern industries etc. And SpringRock in its line of business plays a measurable role in the provision of energy.
We not only impact provision of energy through our direct business activities but we also support the economic growth of our operating environment, return benefits to our stakeholders, pay taxes to government and also support the advancement of our host communities through our various sustainability programs discussed herein.
The 3 Dimensions and 6 Pillars of SpringRock Sustainable Development
The many elements of sustainable development in SpringRock are organised into three dimensions: Community (Social); Environmental and Economic CEE. There are different approaches to how these three dimensions relate to each other, whether they are dimensions on the same level or three different but closely linked dimensions of sustainable development.
Sustainability at SpringRock is mapped as shown in the diagram below
By championing our sustainability around these 3 dimensions and 6 pillars, SpringRock contributes to the sustainability goals of the society while managing our business activities, our impact on the community, society at large, environment and the economies of the place we operate.
- the environment is the necessary basis for sustainable development
- the economy is the tool to achieve sustainable development
- the good life for all (the social dimension) is the target of sustainable development.